Monday, February 13, 2017

The Planetary Alignment

Jeff Karamales and I have written about the genesis of Furmankind and the long processes involved in the transformation, plus there have been adventures in a Fur-dominated Planetary Alignment 300 years later that were written by me, Eileen and Steve.

I have been asked if there are any plans to write about the forming of the Planetary Alignment itself, in the days when Earth turned its back on the Fur colonies and later tried to make amends.

While this is an intriguing concept, the answer to this is no, there are no plans to do so. Part of the reason is that those events involve years of politics, and if you are familiar with my books, you may notice that politics is not a subject I tend to write about.

The other part of the reason is that I have retired from fiction writing of anything more than the occasional short tale. A story of that magnitude is bigger that my aching hands and wrists are capable of these days, so for now, what has been written about the forming of the PA meets the needs of the Furmankind history.